Mom's Pink Beans
- 1 pound Western Trails pink beans (can use pintos)
- 1/2 pound chopped bacon or ham hocks
- 1 large onion, chopped small
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon "Grandma's Spanish Pepper" or chili powder
- Dash of cumin
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
Soak beans overnight with no salt. Next day, drain water. Add new water to beans enough to cover them. Cook slowly until tender. Add all the ingredients to beans and simmer until tender.
Serve with French bread.
Western Trails Food · 313 W. Valentine · Glendive, MT 59330
406-377-4284 · www.westerntrailsfood.com · email@example.com